Helical pile foundations have a myriad of applications across both commercial and residential projects. Here is a clear explanation of the 10 benefits of these steel pile foundations, and the opportunities they offer compared to digging out concrete foundations.
- Quick installation – helical pile foundations are faster to install than standard concrete foundations, with no dig out time and no setting time required.
- No excavations – there is no need to excavate or cart away spoil, which makes builds even faster and saves money on every project.
- No curing time – helical pile foundations can be built on immediately, there is no need to wait for it to dry so building can continue as soon as the foundation is installed.
- Small footprint – you can use helical pile foundations in restricted areas, such as next to buildings, without having to take extensive extra measure to keep them stable,
- Flexible design – your helical pile is specifically designed for your project, the available space, the soil you are building on, and the load-bearing requirements.
- Environmentally friendly – helical pile foundations have less of an impact on the environment than concrete alternatives.
- Installations can be done all year round – unlike concrete, there is no down time in winter when it is too cold for concrete to cure properly. Helical pile foundations can be installed any time of year, in any temperature.
- Reduce noise complaints – the majority of helical pile installations are below 80db, so your site receives fewer noise complaints and you protect your builders’ hearing.
- Minimal vibration – you can work next to existing buildings without disturbing their foundations or causing damage. The majority of helical pile installations have less than 1mm of vibration, rising to around 5mm if the pile is driven through an obstruction.
- Can be installed in any ground – if you have soft ground, rocky soil, or even clay, you can still install a helical pile foundation.
Categorised in: helical piles