Helical Piles have so many benefits that once you understand them, it’s hard to see a reason not to choose them over traditional foundations. However, some people remain slightly sceptical of them. This comes from some lack of understanding for the most part as many people assume Helical Piles are a new idea or a new technology when in fact, the first Helical Piles were used over 200 years ago!
In the past, Helical Piles were usually put to good use on coastal structures such as lighthouses and piers where their firm grip was the best solution in the unstable marine environment, but recently, the advantages of them have seemed more relevant than ever and so people are choosing them over concrete foundations for buildings of all types and in all kinds of landscape.
Some of the main benefits of Helical Piles include the following:
- Fast installation means less cost
- No concrete means ecologically friendly and fast curing times
- Small base construction means ease of installation even in restricted access areas
- Removable and reusable
- Lack of noise during installation means minimal disruption
- Can be installed in any soil
- Can be installed at an angle
- Suitable for marine applications
The benefits of Helical Piles clearly outweigh traditional foundations when compared in many areas.
Not only is the cost less but the cost to the environment is much less.
Categorised in: helical piles