A steel pile with helical plates placed at strategic positions along the shaft. The plates give the foundation both tension and compression bearing capacity. The pile is normally connected in groups to a steel load transfer grillage. No concrete is needed.
Depending on location and the solution designed, screw piles can be installed:
- raked at angles up to 15°
- protruding from the ground, or buried
- in any ground including solid rock
- to support structures in compression and tension
- at grade, on embankment and in cutting
- in bespoke situations to suit your requirements
This is a contributing factor as to why ScrewFast Foundations have a proud history without ever having a failure in service.
ScrewFast’s inhouse and external accredited installation teams are trained to install well within British tolerance of 75mm laterally, but usually within 10-15mm. All ScrewFast accredited installers are required to prove their reliability and competence every year in order to retain their certification. Therefore all of our customers can be assured they are receiving the highest available standard of proficiency in this field.